Step 1: Check your version
Chances are you’re already using the latest version of Shortcuts and will be able to get started with the next steps. Just to be double sure, check your version number by:
- Double click on the Shortcuts logo in the top right of your regular Appointment Book
- Check you’re using version 8.0.24+ or higher. It will look like this:
- If you’re not on the right version upgrade in a flash.
- Once the upgrade has completed, please restart your computer.
Step 2: Connect your Stripe account to Shortcuts
Please proceed to step 3 if you have Upfront Payments or Cancellations set up.
- Login to the Shortcuts Console at console.shortcutssoftware.com
- Click the “Site Settings” tile.
- Click the “Connect Stripe” button.
- Read the Terms and Conditions then click “Accept”.
- A Stripe set-up form will appear. Please complete this form and when you’re done simply click “Authorise access to this account”.
- You will receive a verification code on your phone which you will need to enter in the field provided.
- Once you’ve been verified, you will be taken back to the Console and your Stripe connection will be complete. You should see an ID number which confirms your account has been connected successfully.
Step 3: Set up Gift Cards in Fusion
First you need to ensure that the Shortcuts Gift Card payment processor is active. To do this follow the instructions below:
- Click Setup
- Click Configuration
- Select Sales
- Select Payment Processor
- Select Shortcuts Gift Card from the drop down in the Processor list. If it does not appear click Show Inactive, activate it.
- Click Save
- Click Done.
Then you need to associate your payment processor with the Gift Card Payment Type. To do this:
- Click Sales
- Click Payment Types
- Ensure Gift Card is selected as the Payment Name
- Ensure Shortcuts Gift Card is selected as the Processor
- Click Save
- Click Done.
Step 4: Add widget code to website
You’re almost there! To add to any website allow this video:
1. Go to console.shortcutssoftware.com
2. Click Programmes
3. Click Community > Programme
(Please note if you currently have no program set up and you require a program to be set up please contact our Customer Care team on 0161 972 4900, option 2)
4. Tick the allow customers to buy at which sites boxes
5. Click ‘Copy widget code’ button, which will copy it to your clipboard.
6. Paste that code in just above the closing body tag on your website. Or please ask your website developer to add this code to your site.
Step 5: Watch these resources
You’re all set up and ready to go! The very last step is to watch and read these super essential resources to help you get acquainted with how our gift cards feature works.