Building a salon business is more competitive than ever. Branding is identifying a product, service, or business while also distinguishing it from others in the market. A brand separates you from the crowd.
Having strong brand identity for your salon helps keep potential customers engaged long enough to make an appointment with you and connect with your business to become an advocate and repeat client.
Successfully engaged customers, with a strong attachment to a brand, represent a 23% premium over the average customer in share of profitability and revenue.
Let’s take a closer look at the importance of building a brand and how you can achieve it for your own business.
Impact & first impression
You’ll want your company to make an impression on your audience the moment it launches. You’ll want them to come to a halt and consider what you offer.
This will be your first impression, and you’ll want to do everything you can to make it a good one, because it will affect the future of your salon.
Your brand must be well-designed from the start, with a simple message, because you only have 7 seconds to establish a good first impression. It’s all about building a brand with purpose.
Here are some examples of how you can make a good and lasting first impression:
- Quality creative assets and images
- Attractive logo and colour scheme
- Quality website design
- Engaging copy
- Social proofs – reviews, testimonials and endorsements
With brand building for your salon business, all kinds of content, such as business cards, letterheads, envelopes, logo, colour scheme, fonts, and even how you communicate with your audience, should be consistent. That goes for all channels, from physical marketing, i.e. leaflets, to social media and your website.
For example, visually appealing use of colour promotes brand recognition by up to 80%, so if you utilise consistent colouring on all of your branding materials, clients will be 80% more likely to recognise you.
Signature colours help your brand stand out against the competition, so choosing the right scheme not only for your online branding, but your salon itself, is vital.
Your audience will quickly recognise you as someone who cares about their company if your brand is consistent (and consistently good).
Even better, they expect the fantastic service they will receive from you since they know you take pride in your work because you have shown it via your consistent brand. If you portray your brand consistently across all channels, it can raise income by up to 23%.
This consistency aids in creating a recognisable brand, and this powerful brand will enable your customers to associate with your content quickly, whether that’s online or offline.
It builds an emotional connection between your brand and potential customers. Of those surveyed, 64% of women and 68% of men have felt an emotional connection with a brand.
You create emotional responses from your audience by good branding, which is what helps you form connections with them. Being recognised is a valuable asset. A striking brand with purpose will target your ideal audience and connect with them right away.
Your audience will establish a bond with your brand once they have recognised it several times. You build this relationship through social media and marketing online.
It starts with your potential customers enjoying your material, commenting on your Instagram photographs, and signing up for your email newsletters. This shows that people are believing in the services you offer, and you’re on your way to building a salon business brand.
- Engage and communicate with your customers. If you make your customers feel as though they’re a part of your brand, they’re more likely to end up with positive associations about your salon.
- Understand your client’s goals. If you can pin down what drives your customers, then you’ll be in the best position to create long-term advocates.
- Focus on what makes you stand out. Know your unique selling points, and how you can build on those attributes to build brand loyalty.
- Be transparent and honest. Show the human side of your salon. Treat your client as an individual and speak their language.
The branding process will enhance product or service sales, increasing revenue. Branding doesn’t just affect reputation, it can positively affect sales with 43% of customers spending more money on brands they are loyal to.
- Sets your business apart. A powerful brand helps to make your business more unique and memorable. Capturing your audience’s attention in a competitive marketplace directly affects sales.
- Creates trust through consistency. Effective brand guidelines facilitate consistency and credibility, which is how relationships, and eventually trust between your customers and your company, is built, converting into sales.
- Builds and maintains loyalty. By building loyalty through an engaging brand experience, you will not only help to drive revenue through consistent sales, but also gain customers who will become advocates for your business and brand.
Branding allows your company to stand out from the crowd and ultimately may achieve greater success. You cannot understate the importance of building a strong brand image. Are you building your salon business brand?
Shortcuts Salon Software has powerful marketing tools designed especially for your salon. We’ll help you grow your brand, keep your guests in the loop, and you can sit back and relax as the hard work is done for you.